- Origin – Imported from The Jackson Laboratory in 2014.
- Common name/s – NSG, NOD scid gamma
- Colour – white
- Special characteristics – NSG mice combine the features of the NOD/ShilLtJ background, the severe combined immune deficiency mutation (scid) and IL2 receptor gamma chain deficiency. These mice lack mature T cells, B cells, or functional NK cells, and are deficient in cytokine signalling, leading to better engraftment of human hematopoietic stem cells and peripheral-blood mononuclear cells than any other published mouse strain.
- Conditions of use – NSG mice are sold subject to The Jackson Laboratory’s Conditions of Use and also the Australian Patent Number 2004268530. Please note that these mice are available to non profit research institutions under an MTA.
- Origin – Imported from The Jackson Laboratory in 2015.
- Common name/s – Rag 1 KO
- Colour – Black
- Special characteristics – Initially developed by Dr Peter Mombaerts in the lab of Dr Susumu Tonegawa at MIT, the Rag1<tm1Mom> mutant strain produce no mature T cells or B cells. The phenotype can be described as a “non-leaky” immunodeficiency.
- Conditions of use – Rag1 KO mice are sold subject to The Jackson Laboratory’s Conditions of Use and also the Australian Patent Number 2004268530. These mice are available for academic and non-profit organisations only.