How to place an order with ABR
ABR offers products and services under two main categories – Animal Orders and Services. All ordering is done using our online platform Stuart Web.
If you don’t already have an account or Stuart Web Access please see Set Up Account or Stuart Web Access.
|Import and Export
Genome Editing – The MEGA Service
- Ordering Sale Strain Mice on Stuart Web [pdf]
- Ordering Mice from a Researcher’s Own Colony on Stuart Web [pdf]
Please note that you must have the relevant AEC, IBC, and/or MTA approvals BEFORE placing orders.
Special Animal Orders
Stock is generally only held to 8 weeks of age. If you require older mice a longer lead time is required.
Time Mated Animals
Time mated animals can be requested from the sale strains and from client strains.
- Mating is confirmed by the presence of a copulatory plug. The day the copulatory plug is observed is considered day 0 of pregnancy.
- Pregnancy will be confirmed via ultrasound from day 10 of pregnancy.
- Mice are guaranteed pregnant on the day of shipment from ABR.
- Mice shipped prior to day 10 gestation will not undergo an ultrasound and will not be guaranteed as pregnant.
- See the price list for associated costs.
Other Special Orders
- Other Special Orders including tail tattooed, weighed mice, weaners, and pregnant females, cannot be placed after the Van Deadlines for delivery (for Partner Institutes using the ABR delivery van). These orders require additional preparation and need a longer lead-time.
- Tail Tattoos: Please allow at least one week notice (7 days from delivery date) for tail tattooed mice.
- Courier delivery orders (excluding special orders) require at least TWO days notice prior to the desired delivery date.
Cancellation of Orders
- Standard orders – require a minimum of 72 hours notice or the full cost of animals will be invoiced
- Time mating orders – must be cancelled prior to the mating or the full cost of animals will be invoiced
- Standing orders – require a minimum of 30 days notice or the full cost of animals to be supplied during that 30 days will be invoiced
- Tattoo orders – the full cost of tattoo orders cancelled less than 10 days before the delivery date will be invoiced.
Complaints / Problems with Orders
Please check that your order is correct on receipt and notify ABR of any problems within 24 hours of delivery. The replacement of stock or a credit will be negotiated. No responsibility will be accepted if the notification of problems is not received in a timely fashion.
ABR has an established complaints management procedure. Should you have any problems with orders please find a summary of our complaints procedure in the following document.
Please also refer to the Australian BioResources Refund Policy for further information regarding our refunds.
Terms and Conditions of Supply
ABR Services are ordered online via Stuart Web. Anyone wishing to order services or track the progress of their service orders will require a Stuart Web Account. Please see Set Up Account or Stuart Web Access to download a Stuart Web access form.
Please find a quick guide to ordering services on Stuart Web below.