AUSTRALIAN BIORESOURCES (ABR) OFFERS A RANGE OF SERVICES TO ASSIST OUR CLIENTS WITH BREEDING AND MANAGEMENT OF LAB MICE
- Utilizing cutting-edge CRISPR/Cas9 technology, the MEGA service (Mouse Engineering Garvan – ABR) enables rapid and cost-effective generation of genetically engineered mice. This advanced technology allows for the precise introduction of single nucleotide mutations, insertions, or constitutive knockouts.
- The ABR import service can source live mice or frozen embryos or sperm from international (overseas) or domestic (within Australia) facilities, and is able to perform post arrival quarantine in a Biosecurity Approved Arrangement facility. We can rederive mouse lines into the clean breeding area.
- Genotyping results can be obtained as early as 3 weeks of age by combining early mouse identification through tail tattooing (at 2 weeks of age) with the Mouse Genotyping Service. This allows for swift colony management, saving time and money.
- Sperm or embryos can be frozen when colonies are no longer needed, minimising animal wastage.
- Skilled ABR technicians can provide support for phenotype monitoring or pre-conditioning of animals for approved research protocols.
- Surgically modified mouse models are available on request.
Imports and Exports
Australian BioResources (ABR) specialises in providing a comprehensive import and export service, allowing researchers to get on with research
ABR, in conjunction with Garvan Molecular Genetics (GMG), offers a quick and convenient genotyping service for our clients.
Rederivation is a process that aims to remove disease-causing micro-organisms (pathogens) from mouse colonies.
Cryopreservation of sperm and embryos is used to preserve mouse lines that are no longer needed for research.
Genome Editing – The MEGA Service
The MEGA service can generate new mouse lines quickly and cheaply using CRISPR/Cas9 technology
Frequently Asked Questions
Australian BioResources Frequently Asked Questions